15ml of C5 will cover the rim faces only of up to 17 inch wheels
30ml of C5 will cover the inside and out of any wheels up to 20 inch wheels
C5 Wheel Armour offers the best protection for wheels, repelling brake dust and contaminants and making them easier to maintain.
Because of C5’s unique, exceptionally fine surface rheology and chemical bonding mechanism, its performance is outstanding. The former property gives the coating its excellent stain and contaminant resistance, and the chemical bond formed between the wheel surface and C5 makes the coating durable.
C5 will retain its integrity up to temperatures of 600oC (1112oF) making it suitable for all parts of your vehicle’s rims and brake calipers.
- Before starting, ensure that you have sufficient product for the job. If you are coating outside faces only, 15ml will be sufficient for rims up to 18". For all other instances, we recommend the larger 30ml. Please note that because this is an inorganic coating, it will resist extremely high temperatures so you can also use on brake calipers
- Do not dilute
- Apply at a temperature above 5 degrees Celcius and not in direct sunlight
- We recommend wearing protective gloves to prevent the product from drying out your skin
- If you are applying indoors ensure that there is adequate ventilation
- Make sure the surface to be coated is entirely free from fats/oils, or previously applied products – for this we recommend wiping your clean rims with Gtechniq Panel Wipe
- Use the lint-free application pad supplied to spread the coating onto the surface of your rim
- Once you have spread the product onto a single rim, immediately remove excess product using a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
- Allow the coating to cure for 12 hours before getting wet
- C5 is safe to use on all standard fitment rims supplied with new vehicles including satin and matte finishes (C5 will not add gloss) and rims that have a bare metal polished look as these will be finished with a clear coat that C5 can bond to
- We do not recommend using C5 Wheel Armour on polished, unlacquered rims in countries that salt roads for ice prevention
- The coating requires no special maintenance and should last for around two years
- When wheels are coated avoid using acid wheel cleaners, coating longevity will be improved if wheels are cleaned with normal car shampoo or citrus degreaser
- Use C5 Wheel Armour within 1 year of purchasing
Store opened bottles in a dry and cool storage area that's out of direct sunlight
We recommend only using opened bottles within three months of opening