Use This To:
- Add ceramic protection to interior and exterior fabrics
- Repel water and other liquids
- Help prevent permanent stains
- Protect without changing the look and feel of fabric
- Resist accidental spills and stains
- Help keep your fabric from fading & discoloration
- Help repel harmful UV solar rays
- Give your fabric extreme hydrophobic water beading
Total Surface Protection!
HydroThread brings long-lasting ceramic HydroTechnology to fabric convertible tops, interior textiles, carpets, and fabrics. It forms a super-hydrophobic SiO2 barrier that causes liquids to bead up and hover on the surface, without penetrating the underlying fibers. Once treated, fabrics have an extremely low surface tension, causing the beads to roll right off the surface and making the surface super easy to clean, helping prevent stains from accidental spills.
HydroThread protects and prolongs without changing the look or feel of the surface it is treating. Shielded NO-STIFF technology ensures that fabrics treated with HydroThread will not harden, or become rough after application. Unlike traditional solvent or oil based protectants, HydroThread is water-based and odorless for maximum versatility on interior and exterior cloth and fabric seats, chairs, carpets, fabric awnings, convertible tops, and more!
Resists, Protects, and Prevents
The unique SiO2 formulation is small enough to bond to individual fibers, delivering superior hydrophobic characteristics, while resisting abrasion and UV fading for up to 12 months. The thin viscosity formula is extremely easy to apply and permeates fast to transform the substrate into a super hydrophobic surface that is durable, flexible, and long lasting against environmental elements, fading, and spills.
- Clean fabric surface thoroughly. Ensure surface is completely dry.
- Cover non-fabric areas around surfaces to be treated to prevent overspray.
- Shake bottle well, then mist a light coat onto surface.
- Hold bottle at least 12” from surface and lightly mist fabric while sweeping the bottle back and forth to ensure even coverage.
- For best results, work into fibers with a soft bristled brush.
- Allow to dry for 20 minutes, or until the surface is dry.
- Apply a second coat for maximum protection if desired.
- For best results, allow at least 24 hours to dry. Depending on the climate and pile height, the hydrophobic effects will continue to improve even more after 24 hours of being applied. Always test fabric/fiber for color fastness in an inconspicuous area. For more humid climates, you may need to wait longer in-between coats to allow surface to completely dry.
- 😃 To maintain: recoat your surface after major spills, heavy duty use, or just because since it's so easy and fun!