- Remove embedded surface contamination that does not come off during the washing process
- Fine Grade/Medium Grade clay bar that is one of the standards in the industry for enthusiasts and professionals
- Properly preps your paint's surface for polishing, using a glaze, sealant and/or wax
- Helps you get the most out of any step you perform after using the clay bar
- Use with plenty of clay bar lubricant to minimize any micro-marring that may occur
The clear coat that protects your car is porous and filled with micro-ridges similar to your skin. From a distance, your clear coat appears flat but when you look at it through a microscope you see that it has ridges. Contamination can easily become lodged between these areas and reduce the optical clarity of your paint, thus creating a dull shine. Spray a clay lube on the surface and glide the Clay Magic Fine Grade/Medium Grade Clay Bar over these areas and you will pull out contaminates. This is similar to the process of exfoliating your skin. Thus you gain back a clean clear coat that is very smooth to the touch and contaminant free. An additional benefit to prepping your paint with a clay bar is that waxes and sealants adhere to smooth and contaminant-free paint much better. This means that the wax or sealant will protect and shine for longer. We recommend cutting this extra-large bar into 4 to 5 pieces so you get multiple fresh uses from one large 200-gram bar. Store the bar in a container to protect it from contamination in the air in-between details. Use this clay bar to properly prep your paint before using a polish, glaze, sealant, wax, etc.